22 Rimfire Magnum Ballistics
22 Rimfire Magnum Trajectory
Origin of the 22 Rimfire Magnum
The 22 Rimfire Magnum was developed by Winchester in 1959 and first appeared in 1960 in their model 61 slide action rifle. Rifles and pistols by Winchester and other manufacturers quickly followed.
The 22 Rimfire Magnum uses jacketed projectiles in order to handle the higher velocities achieved in comparison to the lead projectiles in the lower velocity 22 RF.
Hunting & Shooting with the 22 Rimfire Magnum
Worldwide the 22 Rimfire Magnum has been highly popular and widely used for small game and varmint shooting.
Aussiehunter invites readers to submit a story, or additional information, about this caliber.
For examples of what is required, look at the 223 Remington page.
Email story and several good quality digital photos to email@example.com
- Publication is at the editor’s discretion
- The editor reserves the right to edit stories as required
- The preferred story length is 500 to 1,000 words
- The author’s name will be credited with the story
- Stories and photos must be the original work of the author (NOT copied from anywhere else)
- Submission of story and photos implies author’s approval for aussiehunter to use the copyright gratis
- There will not be any payment for the articles and photos submitted to aussiehunter