6.5×55 Swedish Mauser Ballistics
6.5×55 Swedish Mauser Trajectory
Origins of the 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser
The 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser was developed by the Scandinavian countries and introduced as the Swedish military caliber way back in 1894.
It remains a popular hunting caliber world-wide today, particularly of course in the countries of its origin.
Hunting with the 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser
The 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser has proven to be a great choice for hunting medium and large game. It is commonly used to take boar, deer and moose.
One of my first rifles was a sporterized military surplus rifle in 6.5×55 Swedish Mauser. I enjoyed success in hunting wild boar with that rifle. It was accurate and hard-hitting.
Aussiehunter invites readers to submit a story, or additional information, about this caliber.
For examples of what is required, look at the 223 Remington page.
Email story and several good quality digital photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publication is at the editor’s discretion
- The editor reserves the right to edit stories as required
- The preferred story length is 500 to 1,000 words
- The author’s name will be credited with the story
- Stories and photos must be the original work of the author (NOT copied from anywhere else)
- Submission of story and photos implies author’s approval for aussiehunter to use the copyright gratis
- There will not be any payment for the articles and photos submitted to aussiehunter