470 Nitro Express Ballistics
470 Nitro Express Trajectory
Hunting & Shooting with the 470 Nitro Express
The 470 Nitro Express, like the big bore nitro express cartridges, was developed for taking dangerous big game at close range, by intrepid hunters on foot in heavy cover, using single-shot or double rifles.
Sure, you can load lighter projectiles, and lighter powder charges, but on this site we remain true to the original intent of these hefty calibers; that is, a heavy for caliber projectile at maximum velocity.
My hunting buddy Grizz used his Merkel 470 NE on Northern Territory water buffalo. It is a very authorative calibre for dealing with such animals in close encounters. The cartridges are spectacularly large and deliver a mighty thump, at both ends.
Aussiehunter invites readers to submit a story, or additional information, about this caliber.
For examples of what is required, look at the 223 Remington page.
Email story and several good quality digital photos to email@example.com
- Publication is at the editor’s discretion
- The editor reserves the right to edit stories as required
- The preferred story length is 500 to 1,000 words
- The author’s name will be credited with the story
- Stories and photos must be the original work of the author (NOT copied from anywhere else)
- Submission of story and photos implies author’s approval for aussiehunter to use the copyright gratis
- There will not be any payment for the articles and photos submitted to aussiehunter